Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• css help: images

Hello folks,

On about 200 of my indexed pages, I have a meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" tag to specify an image in the results page when one is present. On the results page, when two results are next to one another, one with an image and one without, the result without an image doesn't begin on a new line like I want it to (e.g. see results 1 & 2 here to know what I'm talking about: http://canadianarachnology.dyndns.or...uery=agnarsson). So, this is a css question. What I'd like to do is ensure that all results are adjusted to the left regardless of whether or not there is a result with an image above it. Is this possible with the current result page design?

Dave

Here are a three simple solutions.

1) Make the height of the result blocks higher (higher than the height of your thumbmail images). To do this make this CSS change.
    .result_altblock {margin-top:35px;}
    .result_block {margin-top:35px;}

2) You could use smaller thumb nail images. But this would mean re-creating them. Which is probably be a fair amount of work.

3) Force the clear left attribute.
    .result_altblock {margin-top:150px; clear: left }
    .result_block {margin-top:15px; clear: left }

After you make any changes you should check the result in a few different browsers. CSS support varies from one brwoser to the next.

Comment

Working...
    X