Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple sites

Hi,
    I am currently using the Free version of Zoom Search and I love it but will soon need to buy the Professional Edition as I intend to index a second site with 2000-4000 pages.

My question relates to this from the FAQ :

A license is required for each copy of the Zoom Indexer application installed on a computer (Standard and Professional Editions only).

However, each installed copy of the Indexer can be used to create and maintain multiple search engines, for different sites.

So if you manage 5 different websites and index all of these sites from the same computer (with one installation of Zoom Indexer), then you will only need one license.
    To manage more than one site, do you simply save the config with different file names to ensure FTP details etc are correct for each site? Or is managing more than one site reserved for the Standard and Pro versions only?

Also, why is there not a version for indexing sites with say 5000 pages as the jump from 100 pages scanned to 200,000 is huge and doesn't help if you have a site with just say 7 pages but also a forum with a few hundred or so topics - it means you can't use the search page for your forum as well?

Thanks,
    Graham

To manage more than one site, do you simply save the config with different file names to ensure FTP details etc are correct for each site?
    Yes

why is there not a version for indexing sites with say 5000 pages
    We didn't want to have a dozen different versions but we needed to scale from the very common ~20 page site to the much less common 1,000,000+ page site.

200,000 is a small step compared to the 800K step between Std & Enterprise.

If you have a forum, over time, it should grow to 1000's of pages?

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

I don't agree about the difference in between the smaller versions, I think it makes choosing this product for sites small to medium more difficult but fair enough!

Thanks again.

Comment

It doesn't matter where we put the limit, there would always be a few people that fall just one side or the other. A person with a 201,000 page web site could make the same valid argument.

Comment

Working...
        X