$NoCharset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $NoCharset

I am using a template that already enables a charset, when I have the default

Code:
    $NoCharset 0
    in the settings.php file, I get an error about the charset already being set. When I manually change it to

Code:
    $NoCharset 1
    Everything works fine.

Is there a way from the configuration screen to make it so this is set automatically when the settings.php is generated?

You should change this setting from the "Advanced" tab of the Configuration window. Check the option for "Disable charset enforcing on search script".

Note that we do not recommend manually editing the settings.php file due to the fact that this can render the search script to behave unpredictably with a set of index files which was created for a specific set of settings.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      You should change this setting from the "Advanced" tab of the Configuration window. Check the option for "Disable charset enforcing on search script".

Note that we do not recommend manually editing the settings.php file due to the fact that this can render the search script to behave unpredictably with a set of index files which was created for a specific set of settings.
      Thanks! Works great.

Comment

Working...
      X