Files with Spaces In The Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files with Spaces In The Title

I am using Zoom to search PDF documents. A lot of these have spaces in the title. When the results come up a file named "10 15 06 Meeting Minutes.pdf" will come up listed as "10". I have told my client to start naming without spaces, but we have a backlog of files. Is there anything that can be done?
    Thanks!

Can you post the URL to the search function that shows this problem. Maybe this text was in the PDF as the title meta data and it isn't directly related to the file name?

Comment

I Think You Are Right

I think that was it. I just checked and there is no title listed for the documents under document properties when I check in Acrobat.
      One quick question though -
      http://www.sdplanning.org
      If you search for "test" you will get result #3 HIV with some weird characters displaying. Any ideas what those are? They can live with them if need be. I love this search engine (this is the second site I have used it on)
      Thanks!

Comment

The weird characters are actually the point characters from the bullet points in the PDF document. My guess is that they look like proper points in some fonts and character sets, but look like rubbish characters in other fonts and characters sets.

Comment

Working...
        X