Catagories default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catagories default

I have used catagories and my "default catagory" name is ALL. Now I have All at the top and the bottom of the list.

I get different results for the same search in each "ALL" catagory.

Am I correct in assuming the user defined "default" catagory does not search ALL but in fact everything that isn't defined in another catagory? If this is so I should name it "everything else" (as I have only defined catagories for the heavily used sections of the site).

This left-over catagory really is a bit confusing to users, can it be turned off (leave the field blank) or do I need to ensure there is a catagory for all areas of the site?

thanks

I think you must be using the old V4 release of Zoom, even though you have posted in the V5 section of the forum?

In V5 of Zoom, there is no 'default' category. But in V4 you are correct, the default catches anything that didn't match any other category. You can name it whatever you want. So you can name it 'Everything else' if that makes sense for your site.

Comment

I am using V5 but I was assuming that I needed the default catagory defined as in V4 - I didn't actually try to leave it blank - sorry!

Feel free to remove the thread...

Comment

No problem. For others who are moving over from V4 to V5 and are also wondering about the changes in the categories feature, see this thread:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053

What used to be the "default" (aka "catch-all") category is now an optional setting labelled, "Catch files not belonging to a category in: ...". There's a checkbox next to it. Simply unchecking this box would disable the use of the catch-all category.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X