Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .Net ASPX Page

Hi,

I have ans ASPX page which includes the code provided in your FAQ. If I type a search in the page simply reloads without the URL query string parameters.

If I goto search.cgi and enter a search, the search results display correctly inside my page, but when I try and do another search it simply reloads the page with the same query string.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

regards

Pete

Additional Information

Should have also mentioned.

I am using .Net 2 and masterpages (not sure if that makes a difference or not)

When I view the source of the page there are two <form> tags

I assume the search.cgi is inserting the inner <form> tag could this cause a problem?

regards

Pete
    Last edited by peter.rogers; Feb-27-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Problem Solved

ok, obvious when I thought about it.

In case it helps anyone else here is what I did

1. In the Zoom Indexer App, Under Configure, Search Page, Change Search Form drop down to "Do Not Generate"

This prevents the double <form> tags being generated

2. Create your own search form (textbox and button) in your ASPX page

3. Add event to the button which on postback does a Response.Redirect to the same page but appends the query string zoom_query= and then the Text propery of your textbox.

4. In the page load inside a if (!IsPostBack) add the code for zoom search

There may be a better way to do it without the redirect, but I could not get the could to work by just taking the data from the Textbox.

If there is a better way of doing this then please let me know, it works form and as its 11:30pm that will do for now

Comment

Actually, I think all you had to do was specify the "Link back URL" option on the "Advanced" tab of the Configuration window. This changes the action of the generated search form, so that when you enter a query in, it will be sent to your ASPX page instead of the original CGI.

This is actually explained on the ASPX support page, look for the words "linkback url":
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/aspdotnet.html

I think you might find that your method will still have all the "Result links" down the bottom of the page, pointing back to the original CGI as opposed to the ASPX. The documented method would fix all this.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X