My top 10 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My top 10 Wish List

I have been using Zoom Search for some time and thought I'd share a wish list. Some of these have been requested in previous posts.

1. Ability to tie individual css files to a category. For example, it would be much more visually pleasing to have a thumbnail gallery of images if a category were "Images" & the usual ordered list for categories other than images.

2. "Results Pages" navigation at the top and bottom (or selectable) of search results

3. A "wish list" forum

4. Ability to select where you would like the Google/Yahoo sitemaps to be placed after an index. Currently, I store all the Zoom Search materials in a folder, but Google & Yahoo tend to prefer that the sitemaps be placed in the root folder.

5. A template of sorts for OpenSearch results with the ability to select what additional namespaces to include (e.g. MediaRSS).

6. Scheduled indexing with the ability to select a length of time to pause between spidering events

7. A folksonomy integration of sorts whereby one can contribute to a search result rank (e.g. a thumbs-up, thumbs-down user feedback)

8. Index configurable/selectable microformat-type tags in the HTML. For example, this could eventually permit the integration of geocoded results. i.e. find all results closest to me

9. Integration of a file meta tag editor

10. Search statistics in the results. e.g. most popular searches.
Working...
X