2 Simple Questions - Feeling lucky & Recomended links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Simple Questions - Feeling lucky & Recomended links

I have 2 simple questions about using Zoom.

First:

How can I put a Recommended Link that appears on all search results not just target by some keywords, but all. Is this possible?

Second:
    Is there a way to create a buttin like the Google one "Im Feeling Lucky" which goes to the first result?

Regards

Recommended Links are links to particular keyword(s). So there is no easy way for them to appear for every single search term.

What you could do however would be to edit the search_template.html page and include a banner add style of link above the search results for the page you want recommend to everyone.

There is no option for "I'm feeling lucky".

You'll could edit the search script code to provide both of these functions if you wanted. But I should also point out that your two requests are mutually incompatible. If you force the #1 result to always be the same page, then "I'm feeling lucky" would always take you to the same page.

Comment

Hi

Is there any update on the "I'm feeling lucky" option?

I have set up my site so people type in their postcode so the first result is correct 100% of the time. In usability testing, the most common request on the site is to make it so when they click "go" it takes them straight to the page in question.

If not, I can't code, so could anyone recommend a coder?

Thanks

Mat.

Comment

Yes, this could be done with custom coding. We could do this (for a price), or you put a job up on a job site like Rentacoder. Sites like Rentacoder often have low costs as a lot of the developers work out of Russia or India.

Comment

Working...
        X