Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Linux CGI - Segmentation Fault

Hi,

I am currently migrating my webserver off IIS to linux/apache2.

I ran Zoom and compiled for CGI/Linux however I am getting a segmentation fault when trying to execute it.

I have verified that CGI is working on the site (with my own script) and that the permissions are set properly for the cgi and zdat files. In the web browser I just get a blank page but in the apache error log and when I try to execute it on the command line i get a seg fault.

Any ideas?

First thing to do would be to make sure you are using the latest version (V5.1 build 1002) available here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

Second thing to check - are you uploading the files a third party FTP program? Note that all the search files need to be uploaded in Binary mode (not ASCII or text mode). Some FTP programs have an "Auto" mode and they may guess incorrectly as well. We recommend using Zoom's built-in FTP features.

Another thing to note is that, although your CGI Perl script might be working, this might not necessarily mean all CGIs are configured to work, since the Zoom CGI is a compiled C/C++ binary.

More CGI related FAQs here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Sorry...just finally had time to come back to this.

I have followed all the things listed on the site as well as the latest version but still getting a seg fault. Can I send you the files for you to look at?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, you can zip up the files (include all ZDAT files, search_template.html and the CGI itself) and e-mail them to us, and we'll take a closer look.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X