LinkBackURL fails when Zoom is included within CMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinkBackURL fails when Zoom is included within CMS

Hello, I've just found Zoom and the concept is great! I'm currently using the free fersion of Zoom to verify that it works correctly before purchasing the Enterprise License.

Specs: WAMP Install
    Windows Server 2003
    Apache/2.2.4
    MySQL 5.0.37
    PHP Version 5.2.3

Using Dragonfly CMS (fork of php-nuke) for Intranet site. I'm using Spider mode to search a shared drive which holds all of the companies resource documents. I'm then output the Zoom files to the modules folder titled "Zoom".

Index is successful. I've created an index.php withing the Zoom folder that obtains the require_once('header.php'), then include('search.php') for Zoom's search script.

To access the Zoom search form on the Intranet site, the url is: http://my.intra.net/index.php?name=Zoom

When you enter your search keywords and click on "Submit", the url displays only the index.php, then zoom's query info (zoom_query=test&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_and=1&zoom_ sort=0). It is missing the ?name=Zoom, thus never showing me the search results since the root index.php does not know what to do with the zoom URL variable info.

I've found the section for Embedding a script under the "Advance" tab and have entered "index.php?name=Zoom". I've also checked the Miscellaneous box for Disable charset enforcing. When I view source on the search form, the "action" (index.php?name=Zoom) is shown correctly. I can't figure out why Zoom is ignoring the ?name=Zoom section.

Thanks,

- MusOX

Originally posted by musox View Post
    I've found the section for Embedding a script under the "Advance" tab and have entered "index.php?name=Zoom". I've also checked the Miscellaneous box for Disable charset enforcing. When I view source on the search form, the "action" (index.php?name=Zoom) is shown correctly. I can't figure out why Zoom is ignoring the ?name=Zoom section.
    It's not so much Zoom that is ignoring the "?name=Zoom" parameter. It is the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) which is dropping this parameter when you submit the form - you will notice that you when you click "Submit" the URL in the browser for the page that loads is not "index.php?name=Zoom&zoom_query=blah" as you expected, instead, the parameter has been dropped by the browser so that the URL becomes merely "index.php?zoom_query=blah".

And indeed, if you search online on this issue, you will find that this is not a Zoom specific issue. I suspect this is defined in the HTML standard accordingly as both Firefox and IE behaves this way.

The solution is that you should be passing any extra parameters via hidden input variables in the form, so your search form HTML may look something like this:

Code:
    <form method="get" action="index.php">
    [B][COLOR=darkorchid]<input type="hidden" name="name" value="Zoom" />[/COLOR][/B]
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    <small> Results per page: 
    <select name='zoom_per_page'>
    <option selected="selected">10</option>
    <option >20</option>
    <option >100</option>
    </select><br /><br />Match: 
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" checked="checked" />any search words 
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1" />all search words </small> 
    </form>
    For more information on defining your own search form, see this FAQ:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)
    Last edited by Ray; Jul-24-2007, 12:47 AM.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Perfect, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X