Exact matching on title and filename only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact matching on title and filename only

The configure section of the Wrensoft deskop utility , has a box for exact matching with "

so you can enter "vanilla ice cream" , and it will find only vanilla ice cream and not chocolate flavour .

However it only allows this if the content is indexed , i ideally need to do it for indexing just the title and filename , otherwise the ouput zoom files are too big 5Meg which seems to cause problems.

Is it in anyway possible to use exact matching in this way with out content being indexed?

Or perhaps is it possible somehow to limit the amount of content and make it zero.

Thankyou

Tony
    http://www.ad9.co.uk

Are you using the Javascript platform? Because 5 MB worth of index files should not be too large for the PHP, ASP or CGI platforms. If you are not using JS, can you elaborate on what the problems are that you mentioned?

The Javascript platform is unable to perform exact phrase matching. The option is not actually available when JS is selected, so I am a little confused by your question.

The actual process of exact phrase matching requires the content to be indexed, and no, it can not be done without indexing the content or somehow magically making the content data zero in size.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray,

I am using php (have used zoom search on other sites successfully)

Have switched back to content matching , but the problem is the search returns no results

THere are 2 directories with 2000 files in one and 4000 in the other

**ad9.co.uk/products2/sitemap.php (url without leading **s)

I have tried copying the above file in the root and crwling from there but that was not the problem .

If i crawl say the products2 only it works fine.

I am wondering if itis just i have reached the limit - one of the files was infact 7.1 mb

Unique words 40845
      Av unique words 6
      Av words per page 303
      Files scanned 6678

Thanks Tony

Comment

Reply to self

Just as an update i managed to get it working by lowering the value on "limit words per file" in configuration to 50 , this reduced the file to 1.5 MB

Thanks

Tony

Comment

You need to elaborate on what happens when you say it "doesn't work" or when it "causes problems". What are the problems? Are there error messages? What are these error messages?

My guess is that your server has some memory limits, and you are lowering the memory usage to get it to work without the error. But you can usually change this limit as explained in this FAQ:
          Q. "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted..." or similar error message

Based on the size of the data you are indexing, it should be easily capable of searching with PHP without having to limit your indexing.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X