Feature request: Simple results template improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: Simple results template improvement

I have a suggestion to allow users more flexibility on their search result formatting - AND, it's as simple as a couple of lines added to your search.php (in my case) file.

Here's is what I do now:

1. I use the search_template.html and strip it down to almost nothing - just the comment line.
    2. I create my beautiful search results page in HTML & PHP, and where I want the search results to go, I leave a comment like "<!-- split here -->". In my case this is within a table cell.
    3. I split my custom results page at the comment into results_top.php and results_bottom.php
    4. I modify the automatically created search.php file to include the results_top and results_bottom files just before and after text generation. (By using the include statement the PHP processor handles my code generation, menus, etc).

This gives me great control over presentation! So my feature request is...

Could you add:
    1. The ability to (PHP) include a file BEFORE, and one AFTER results generation? By using include, the PHP processor handles all my code generation. (don't just read the file in using file IO).
    2. The ability to DISABLE the search form on the results page? I have hard coded my on search form into my page and don't want another one.

If you want to see the result, run a search on www.ocg.ca/new.php

Thanks

I think this FAQ give the same results, but without any need for customisation to our script.
    Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

Comment

Working...
    X