Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: Second image for hover

In the next version of zoom search, could you add this feature:

At the moment we can associate a single image with a document type. Could you add the ability for a SECOND image, to be used when the mouse hovers over the image?

Thanks,
    MD

It isn't exactly clear to me what the benefit is in having a 2nd roll over type of image. When would two images be required? Or are you thinking of a 2nd large image that pops up as a preview, in a new window? There is also the question of loading the image on page load, or doing a delayed load when the mouseover takes place.

Probably only 5% of our users are making use of the existing image features. So the number that are interested in a generic feature allowing 2 images per result is probably rather small. And out of that sub-group I would imagine that no one would want exactly the same behaviour.

Comment

I'll try to explain what I'm looking for, and perhaps you can help me find another way to achieve what I want.

The norm on this web site is that when the mouse hovers over a link (text or image), the link turns blue. With text it's easy using font attr in the css.

For images, the only way I've been able to do it is with replace the image source on mouseover (with the same image shaded blue).

In the search results I present an image reflecting the document type to be viewed. When the user brings the mouse over one of those images, I would like to replace it with a blue shaded version of the same image.

I'm not a CSS expert...but from what I've read there is no cross-browser way to add a foreground "shade" (semi-opaque blue image) in front of the image on mouseover.

Perhaps there is?

Thanks

Comment

I can't think of any easy solution. I think I would take several hours of experimenting, cross browser testing and scripting to come up with a solution.

Some ideas,
        - Maybe just have a blue border, on mouseover, around the image instead
        - Place a floating div with a semi-opaque PNG file, over the existing image. But I know old versions of IE don't support alpha channels in PNG fies,
        - Customise our search script to output the Javascript required for a more traditional rollover effect.

Comment

Working...
        X