HTTP 404 Error Not Found - Server2Go and CGI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP 404 Error Not Found - Server2Go and CGI

I am a first time user of Zoom Indexer. I am attempting to create an offline CD using CGI scripting with Server2Go.

Everything seems to work fine, until I click on one of the search results, thats when I receive the "HTTP 404 Error Not Found"

The documents being indexed are PDF files located in the following directory on the CD:

E:\htdocs\documents

The address the browser is trying to retrieve the document is:

http://127.0.0.1:4001/htdocs/documents/PCRepair.pdf#search="computer"

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

You may want to take a look at this FAQ:
    Q. When I click on a link in the search results, I get a 404 "Page Not Found" or "Page Cannot Be Found" error

As detailed in the above, it is most likely caused by an incorrect base URL setting.

The Server2Go and Zoom support page recommends a base URL setting of "../" if you have the CGI placed in the "cgi-bin" folder.

From your description, it seems like you have a base URL setting of "htdocs/documents". Or perhaps, you are not setting start folder as the "documents" folder, but a folder further up the tree.

If you are unfamiliar with the use of relative paths, please see Appendix B. Base URL for CD-ROM distribution in the Zoom Users Guide for more information.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Raymond,

Thanks for your help, the problem seemed to be a corrupt Server2go installation, the Server2Go and Zoom support page was very helpful to verify configuration and rectify the problem.

Everything now works very well.

thanks again,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X