rebuilding to new web directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuilding to new web directory

Hello I am rebuilding my search engine to a new directory. After indexing to the new directory both the search output pages display the number of results but no listing appear on the output page.I have look hight and low for what the problem mite be but cant fined it.the two address are
    http://kingshomeworld.com/searchworld/
    http://www.kingshomeworld.com/search/

Please for some help Bruce

You are running a script called index.php. This is not our script. Our PHP script is called search.php

So I can't really comment on what index.php might or might not be doing.

But see also this post about server side configuration problems causing truncated output.

Comment

Any changes made to our script need to be made clear if you are posting a problem for us to look at. We can not see what is happening on the server, and we do not, unfortunately, have psychic powers.

So even if you have simply renamed our script, you need to tell us exactly what you've done. Otherwise we could be barking up the wrong tree. Make sure the problem occurs with the default, untouched script that we provided before asking us to look at it. We cannot provide technical support for customized scripts.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

search.php and index.php are the same file I just renamed so it would be the start page and leave no openings in the directory the first one was working.Then I started a new directory on the same server and both search display the number of results but not the results.The first one would be modified template the second is your standard unedited.As I am doing a complete revamp of my server and sites and will be making the zoom into a cgi just as soon as I get the new server and perl all set up!Thank you for you speedy help
        Bruce
        PS wrensoft's I read your link this would be my server and not hosted by some els so its not ram shortage.it would have be indexing the second directory that made this happen!
        Last edited by bruce123; Mar-18-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

The link I posted was not really about a RAM 'shortage', the servers with these problems typically have a heap of available RAM. It was really concerned with server side configuration problems.

Unfortunately I am having problems believing you when you say index.php and search.php are the same. The behaviour or your index.php appears to be different from our script.

I also note that you are using version 5.1.1001. Which is an old version from 9 months ago. You should upgrade to the current release, 5.1.1013.

...and will be making the zoom into a cgi just as soon as I get the new server and perl all set up
          I think you are confused as to what CGI is. CGI is an interface, not really a script. And our CGI 'script' doesn't require Perl. It is a binary executable. So not really a script at all. A CGI compatible natively complied web application might be a better description. But a bit of a mouthful.

Comment

Working...
          X