No announcement yet.

Purchased but different cost quoted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased but different cost quoted...

Greetings

We recently purchased the Professional edition 2 weeks ago with a Purchase Requisition for what I thought would be $99 US (or around $108 AU) but I have just received an invoice for $132.86 including GST. Even when you remove the GST component it's $120.78, where did the extra $10 come from?

Could someone please let me know if they have experienced the same issues with pricing?

Can someone from Wrensoft please explain the pricing difference?

Cheers

Richard N

We price in USD as most of our customers are in the USA. For offline orders in Australia (which was the case here) we have an Australian price list. Every few months we update the Australian prices with the current exchange rate. So the Australian prices for offline orders vary every few months.

The US dollar has collapsed recently, but this was not reflected in our prices on the day you ordered. Thus there was about a 9% exchange rate difference. Obviously local GST tax adds another 10%.

Normally updating prices every few months is OK. But there has been very large currency movements in the last 6 months. Meaning that they can be slightly out of sync from time to time. My understanding is that you knew the price before you made your order, I think I even remember discussing this with your organisation on the phone before you made the order and informing you about the various options for ordering.

Comment

Since you've mentioned an offline pricelist it makes more sense. I assumed that it would still be the same cost of $99 hence I've used this amount when writing up the Purchase Requisition. I'll accept that the pricing is correct since the difference is minimal.

Is your offline pricelist published anywhere for future reference?

Kind regards

Richard

Comment

Our offline pricelist is not available online, because it does not apply to online sales.

Generally, we encourage our customers to buy online. The system is automated and all transactions are processed by Plimus in the States. They also use a different exchange rate (I think it is AUD$112.80 for the Pro Edition at the moment).

If you would like offline prices for the other products, contact us directly (via e-mail or phone) and we can provide you with quotes.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X