Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st page results not css styled, rest are

Hi there,

I'm brand new to Zoom Search (paid version), this is my first attempt. Fought w/it for a bit but I do have it working other than the fact that my first page of of results is not css styled. I get the default white page that Zoom Search creates. When I click on the results links on the bottom, all subsequent pages are styled as they should be.

EDITED TO ADD NEW INFO: I found that when I click the results links on the bottom BACK to page 1 results, the results ARE styled, it's just on the initial results page that does not take on the styling.

I'm using SSI includes, I have the results LinkURL set in the Advanced tab because I want my results to go to a new page since they can be extensive.

I have the search box set so that it's within pages, not a separate page of it's own.

I have the results set to link to a new window with a separate page called "results.html" uploaded and have set the form tag accordingly:

<form method="get" action="/searchpike/search.php" target="_blank">

(If I set for form tag to "results.html" instead of "blank" when I click the search button, nothing happens.)

The results do open in a new window, just doesn't look like it should for the first page of results. I've also tried it w/o the "blank" entry.

The first page of results is showing a url like this:

http://www.piketech.com/searchpike/s...?zoom_and=blah blah blah

The second page shows the results.html in the url like this:

http://www.piketech.com/results.html...ry=_sort=0_and blah blah blah

(Both url examples have been shorted to just the first part so you can see the difference in what the url is showing.)

I have these lines input on both the test search page and the results pages:

<!--#include virtual="searchpike/search.php?${QUERY_STRING}" -->
    <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->

I've removed all unnecessary code from the search_template.html due to the fact I'm using includes, what is left is the css code and the ZOOMSEARCH comment you see just above but not the line above it w/query string in it.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong that this is happening? Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by MouseClicks; Sep-09-2008, 08:14 AM. Reason: Found more info to add.
    MouseClicks (MC)

Originally posted by MouseClicks View Post
    I have the results set to link to a new window with a separate page called "results.html" uploaded and have set the form tag accordingly:

<form method="get" action="/searchpike/search.php" target="_blank">

(If I set for form tag to "results.html" instead of "blank" when I click the search button, nothing happens.)
    No, no, don't set "results.html" in place of "blank".

Since you have a wrapper search page known as "results.html" (and you have your link back URLs all pointing to this), the HTML form you should be using should look like this:

Code:
    <form method="get" action="[B]/results.html[/B]" target="_blank">
    The target= attribute should never point to a filename. It can only be used to point to the name of a frame or window.

From what I can tell, everything else is in place and it should work once you fix the HTML form.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Well, I NEVER would have thought of that, thanks very much. It's working!
      MouseClicks (MC)

Comment

Working...
      X