X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Focus To The Search Text Box

Hi,

Great software.

Just a quick question, is it possible to automatically move the cursor focus to the search box using the code generated from zoom ?

Otherwise, you always have to manually click into the search box and then start typing, being able to type in straight away after the page loads would be nice.

I guess I could alter the search page myself with a little bit of javascript to do that, but if zoom could do it automatically it would be great.

Ta

Rigsby

See this old post about setting the focus via Javascript.

Comment

Cheers, I'll give it a whirl.

No chance it could be a zoom software option on the Configuration page ?

Rather than a manual edit into the HTML ?

Ta anyway

rigsby

Comment

We might add it for the next version. Our original intention was to not add any unnecessary Javascript, because JS by nature can conflict with other Javascripts you have on the page, requiring debugging, and such issues are usually confusing for inexperienced web developers. So in that regard, it's really more suitable for end users to apply rather than expect it to be an automated thing.

Having said that, given the number of requests for it, we'll look into ways of making it as clean-cut and troubleless as possible, and if that's practical, we would include it in the default template.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X