Displaying Search Statistics on demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Search Statistics on demand

My site is indexed in offline mode, although that is the site being viewed. Is there a way to run the statistics package (ideally) from a spawned program inteface using ASP, then redirect to the generated stats results graphics - or else run this as a scheduled task?

This is similar to my "re-index on demand" posted previously.

I have logging running wwell, and can generate stats graphics via the Zoom GUI, but want my website customers to view the stats on demand.

You can schedule Zoom to automatically generate statistic reports on a regular basis. See the following FAQ:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...html#reporting

You can also implement an ASP interface which executes this task on the server as required. See the chapter on command-line parameters in the Users Guide.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hello Ray,

Will this upload a page to the internet so that I can view the stats page online?

If so, what url would this be?

Kind regards,
      Anthony

Comment

No, it will not upload a page. You would need to upload it manually, or have it run directly on the server. V6 of Zoom will have a PHP script that will allow the statistics to be generated on the fly on the server.

Comment

Hi WrenSoft,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there an approx date on V6?

Kind regards,
          Anthony

Comment

We hope to have a V6 public beta in the next few weeks.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              You can schedule Zoom to automatically generate statistic reports on a regular basis. See the following FAQ:
              http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...html#reporting
              I did this, but the scheduling is not working quite correctly. The configuration just wants to use the same dates as the first time I scheduled the report. For example, I have the settings to use the last 31 days for Searches Per Day. I have it scheduled to run every day and I have my FTP program scheduled to upload the report every day. But when I first ran the report and set up the configuration, it was May 17. The report is running every day, but instead of using the Last 31 days, it is running April 17 - May 17 every time.

See this example and look at the report date and the dates of the individual items. (Some items are May 14 -16 only because this site just went live and that's all the data that is in the log file in this report).

Thanks,
              Karen

Comment

Is this with V4, V5, or V6 of the software?

If this is with V4 or V5, are you abel to reproduce the problem with V6 ?

With V6 you can also use the report.php script and avoid the FTP steps and generate the report directly on the server.

Comment

Working...
                X