Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In indexlog, but not in results

I've got a page that shows as being indexed, when I grep the indexlog:
    75874:10/27/08 11:12:58 - Indexing http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/light_my_fire_spork_xm.html

But when I search for it:
    http://search.backpackinglight.com/?zoom_query=light_my_fire_spork_xm
    or http://search.backpackinglight.com/?zoom_query=spork%20xm

It's not in the results. Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe either,
    1) After indexing you didn't upload the new set of index files to your server
    or
    2) Maybe you did upload the files, but to the wrong location
    or
    3) Maybe the page had different text on it when you did the indexing.
    or
    4) Maybe you indexed an older cached copy of the page

Comment

Hmm...
      1. Checked date on files, they are the new one's (although the page has been there for older indexes to catch it also. It should be there regardless.)
      2. It's automatic by Zoom.
      3. It hasn't changed since I've been using Zoom.
      4. Same content as before. Hasn't changed.

Any other possiblities? If something shows in the index log, wouldn't it also be in the results?

Comment

Other (less likely) possibilities are,
        1) There is no text on the page to index. e.g because of incorrect use of the ZOOMSTOP tags
        2) There are HTML syntax errors on the page preventing parsing of the page.
        3) The page is doing browser sniffing and returning a different page for Internet explorer, vs other spiders
        4) You have set a limit in Zoom to only index X number of words per page, and X is low, meaning that many words were not indexed.
        5) You are using an old version of Zoom and encounter some bug in Zoom.
        6) The log entry that you posted above was from an old indexing session (the date indicates it was from a month ago) and the page was in fact not indexed in the more recent indexing sessions.
        7) The log entry immediately following the one you posted might have flagged some error, indicating that in fact the file was not successfully indexed.

If after checking the above, you still have a problem, can you zip up your current set of index files and E-mail them to us along with your Zoom configuration file.

Comment

Still having trouble

After looking through the files, I can't figure out why these items are not showing up. I'll send over my files.

Comment

For other reading this post. It turned out the log entry which showed the page was indexed was from a indexing session two months old. More resent indexing sessions skipped the file becuase of an additional entry Benklocek had made in the Zoom page skip list.

Comment

Working...
            X