new page is not scanned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new page is not scanned

I added a new page to the website and it only has a title and table of events. Nothing though is scanned when I try to index the site. Why isn't Zoom finding any of the new information? Thank you

Please see this FAQ:
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

If you are sure the page is well linked to, make sure you are not indexing from a cache by checking the option "Reload all files (do not use cache)" on the General tab of the Configuration window.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray,

I have a question regarding indexing.

My home page does not have links to all subwebs. But I have another page, sitemap.htm, that has links to all those subwebs. sitemap.htm page is located in the root of the base URL.

Will Zoom indexer follow links from sitemap.htm page to index pages in all those subwebs?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes. You can either specify the sitemap.htm page itself as your "Spider Start URL", or you can specify the homepage, if your homepage links to the sitemap in some spider-friendly way (e.g. not via Javascript or Flash navigation menus).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Great!

Yes, home page has text link to sitemap.htm page.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X