PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom PATH on ASP script (simple question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom PATH on ASP script (simple question)

Hello There,

I have been using Zoom 4.2 for more than 2 years with no problem at all. Now that we're moving our site to a remote ISP (used to run internally) I took the chance and upgraded to Zoom 5.1.

I'll skip the details here because there are many, the fact is I couldn't make zoom run in PHP mode (restriction on my ISP's PHP?!!) so after [many many] hours of testing I gave a try with ASP mode and it works!

Great news but there's a problem, I know nothing about ASP so here's [finally] the simple question:

How do I edit the search.asp script to change the zoom settings directory to a subdirectory called "search"?!

In PHP all I had to do was change all settings lines as per the example below:

$WORDMAPFILE = dirname(__FILE__)."/search/zoom_wordmap.zdat";

I imagine this is a pretty stupid question to anyone who knows basic ASP but I'm not one of you, so I appreciate your help!

The easy solution is to just place all the files (including search.asp script) into the /search/ folder. No code is required and we don't recommend editing the settings file, it will break things if you do that.

Comment

Working...
    X