Running on a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running on a server

I bought the professional version and it works great at indexing my site. I've been doing this manually from my Vista development PC for quite a few months.

First, I wanted to confirm the indexing must be done on a Windows system. It can't run it directly on the production Linux server (using PHP) via a cron task.

Assuming I can't index on the site's server, I'd like to run the scheduled indexing from my Windows 2008 development server (which is on 24 hours/day). It may be handy to have a copy remain available on the development PC where it currently resides (although I'm not quite sure what for yet). All of this is in support of a single website. It wasn't clear if this is valid use under the license to have it on two PCs. I would be the only user at all times. The development server is also in the same physical location (10 ft apart) as my development PC.

The indexer part of the software is not a PHP script, so no the indexer can't be run on Linux using PHP. But the search script can be.

See also this FAQ
    Q. Does Zoom run on Linux, Mac, BSD, ... ?

and this one
    Q. How do I schedule Zoom to automatically index on a regular basis?

and this one
    Q. What are the licensing policies for Zoom?

Comment

Working...
    X