need help with custom php search template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with custom php search template

I read the FAQ "How can I add headers & footers to the search template using server side includes (SSIs) or scripts?" and it is almost there.
    I'm getting the page structure looking as wanted, but I do not get the text that I have in the search_template.html file.

My results page shows this error: "Warning: file(search_template.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/new/search-index/search.php on line 586"

This warning appears right above the advanced search field section which is then followed by the results.

My search_template.html contains only some intro text followed by the <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->
    I stripped all the HTML, HEAD, etc from this file.

Can you tell me what I am missing?
    Thank you!
    Karene

We no longer support V4 of the software.
    But my initial guess would be that the error is correct and the search_template.html is not in the same folder as the search.php file.

Comment

Thank you David. The files are in different folders so I will try that.
      I would rather use the new version, but I found out the host has PHP 4 and I tried the CGI version and that did not work either. I did make the search.cgi set to 755, but got an error about permission to run the script.

I don't suppose you have a download available of version 5 assuming that might work with PHP 4. I would prefer to use PHP.

I suppose I could use Javascript even though it is running on a web server.

Comment

You can upgrade to V6, and download old software from this upgrade page.

For installing the CGI see this FAQ.

Comment

Working...
        X