Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduler not working?

Hi--

I've got the Zoom scheduler set to index daily at 9:00 am and the log shows it ran, but the dates on the zdat files don't appear to be current.

Am I missing something?

See this FAQ for details regarding scheduling and trouble shooting
    Q. How do I schedule Zoom to automatically index on a regular basis?

Maybe the configuration file you are using is writing the output file to a folder that you were not expecting.

Comment

Thanks for the info. This seems to be a permissions issue.

The task scheduler says it has an exit code of (4). It works fine when using the admin account, but trying to establish a new account for this always fails.

Comment

An exit code of 4 means the indexing failed (usually because no files were found to index).

In general, before you try to schedule or automate the indexing task, you should run the very same ZCFG file manually through a test index with the Indexer GUI. This way, you can see the error messages very clearly and change your settings as necessary. It could be as simple as having a typo in your start point or output directory.

If this doesn't solve the problem, you should turn on the Index Log features (click "Configure"->"Index Log" in the menu) and have the log saved to a file. Also make sure to have "Detailed" log mode and turn on Error and Warning messages on the Log tab. Then you can see the actual error messages Zoom is reporting even when it is running as a scheduled task.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X