Incorrect wrapping for Firefox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect wrapping for Firefox?

Search result sample - http://designerstexas.com/search/search.php?zoom_query=table

results looks great in IE but all my heading stuff moves down maybe 200px when viewed in Firefox and Safari and covers up the seach form.

I am working in Dreamweaver and it shows no validation or compatabilty errors.

On what may be the same issue, when I validate at http://validator.w3.org/ it returns nesting errors within the search template.

I looked though your "Firefox" threads and found wrapping problems as a possiblity but didn't see where they would apply.

thanks for looking at my probelm

Your search template has two <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tags, which would be your first mistake. Only the first tag is being used, so it is likely inserting the results not where you wanted it. It looks to me that the second tag would be more appropriate (after the logo and subtitle text).

Your use of CSS is really problemmatic and susceptible to these sort of layout issues. It is using a mix of relative and absolute positioning for various DIV layers. Browser rendering differences will vary depending on the page content.

To summarize, what you are seeing is that:
    - Your search template is causing the search results to appear before your logo and subtitle menu.
    - IE decides to render the logo and subtitle above the search results based on the relative and absolute positioning in your CSS
    - Firefox decides to render the logo and subtitle halfway down the page, covering up the search results content (you can see a thin line above the logo which is the search box underneath).

What you should do:

- Fix your template so that there is only one <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag and also, place it somewhere more appropriate in the context of the HTML. For example, it should likely need to be in its own content DIV layer. An easy way to do this is to get one of your other content pages, and replace the content with the tag.

- Look into improving your CSS so it does not depend so much on absolute/relative floating layers. It isn't necessary for your layout. You can see this causing grief elsewhere on your website, for example on this page in Firefox (scroll down and see the "Buy Now" button overlapping the text):
    http://designerstexas.com/Subpages/Listing_Information.html

You will note also the "Home" link up to the top can't be clicked on. In fact, these links seem to be unclickable on several pages of your site in Firefox.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for looking at the code. I'm working on understanding CSS better. Having "code validators" that don't see the issues doesn't help. LOL Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X