Strange Problem on Unicode Search Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Problem on Unicode Search Page

I'm fighting with what I mentioned at the title for 3 days!
    I have some ASP pages and have been used Zoomsearch to search my site. My pages charset have been set to unicode.

The Problem is: When I directly browse the search page, everything is fine. BUT when I click the search link in other pages, the search page comes up as a mess! All the characters are strange and the search functions doesnt work any more! It seems the search page gets confused on unicode searching when browsed by clicking Search link on another page.

I tried what ever came to my mind, but it didn't work! What is the difference between going straight to the search page with the exact URL and going to the search page by clicking a link in another page!!? Why shouldn't it work?!

SOS! I realy need this.

What is the URL for your search function?
    What browsers did you try?
    Did you specify the correct character set in the Zoom configuration window and also in the <head> section of the search_template.html file?

Comment

Please include any extra information like whether you have the search script embedded in another ASP page, whether you are using frames, etc.

As mentioned, if you can provide us with an online URL to look at, we can diagnose this much faster.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X