Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javascript Search not searching within PDFs

Hello,

I'm trying to create an offline search index for the first time for CD-ROM distribution and have noticed some missing features from when I have tried to make online indexes of PDF files.

1. Previews of the contents of the PDF do not appear in the results page and
    2. Usually the string #search="SEARCH+TERM" was appended to the PDF links on the results pages that would allow Acrobat to then perform its own search when the PDF loaded, but this is also missing.

Is there any way to re-enable these features for offline use? I don't remember ever having to enable this and I don't see any option to do so in the program.

Alright, so I've solved the second problem. The javascript code checking the filetype before appending the search string to the link was case sensitive. It was looking for .pdf whereas my files ended in .PDF, I don't know if this is the case in v6 but it's something you guys might want to consider correcting, a lot of scanners seem to save PDF files in all caps.

Still missing the body of the PDF in my results, but I've now upgraded to v6 so we shall see if that is of any help...

Comment

Javascript Search not searching within PDFs
      The Javascript search does search within PDF files. But with the Javascript option it is not possible to 1) do an exact phrase search, or 2) display the context around the search word. If you want these features you need to select one of the other CD search options.

We'll have a look at the other case sensitive problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TedAvery View Post
        Alright, so I've solved the second problem. The javascript code checking the filetype before appending the search string to the link was case sensitive. It was looking for .pdf whereas my files ended in .PDF
        We've just checked and confirmed that this is a bug in the current release too. We will address this in the next build (V6.0 build 1010).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X