Home » Forum
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with double search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with double search

I ia using version 4.2

I placed the files in "public_html/search folder"

I tried cgi version before, but I couldn't make it work.

Now, when I place a page called proba.html in root folder on server, and it contains the search form code, which points to search.php it works, but output is search_template.html file, without any results for my search terms. But when I enter search terms now, into search form in search_template.html, it worls fine.

Well, there's more than just that one problem. The point is, I would like to put my custom search form into my own existing template, where results would show in the place I want. That means that I don't need Zoom to create search form inside search_template.html because I already have one. But, as I cannot call the page with results from the form I get from my homepage - it just calls search_template.html, empty, with no results, it is not possible for me to get search results in one step as it should be.

And when I don't use my template, and I choose in zoom search engine options not to create search form in search_template.html that's what happens: I enter my keywords in form on proba.html page, and the result is page search_template.html with "you did not entered any search term" written.

It should work different, I suppose if I use my custom search form, and i point to search.php I should come out with search_template.html with results listed, and without search form, as I make it not to be created and with my search form on the place I want it to be if I use my template instead of default search_template.html file.

Why can't I get search results listed in just one step?

We don't support V4 anymore. You should consider upgrading to V5 or V6.

But the the method of creating your own search form hasn't changed much. See,
    Q. How do I add search boxes to my web pages?

and these might also help
    Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?
    Q. How do I customize the appearance of my search results with CSS?

Comment

Working...
    X