Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed to open log files

Hi--

I'm getting an error with Zoom that it can't open the log files to write the search terms (similar to this thread: http://wrensoft.com/forum/showthread...write+log+file

My admin tells me Zoom does have write rights to the folder. So where would this error come from?

We're actually using Zoom to index two sites on one box. Works fine on one of them, but gives this error on the other. The working one is an intranet and the error-prone site is public, if that matters.

For the time being, we've turned off this feature, but would like it working. Any ideas?

Some additional info:

On the working side (the intranet) there is no anonymous account (everyone must login) and the intranet itself has only read rights on the site.

All of the settings for the working side were copied to the non-working side.

We're also wondering why we'd want to allow the anonymous user (IUSR) write permissions anywhere since that's a serious security breach.

Thank you!

:kevin
    Last edited by sadkkf; Apr-21-2009, 08:45 PM.

There are only two possibilities for not being able to write to the log file.

1) You have the wrong path to the file
    2) You don't have permission to write / create the file in the folder.

Both of these items are covered in the logging FAQ

Comment

Working...
    X