Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search database linked to relative links beginning with about:../

Search database contains relative links beginning with about:../

The links don't work. What am I doing wrong?

The first part of a URI Uniform Resource Identifier is the "scheme".

For most web sites the scheme is HTTP:, or HTTPS: for a secure site.

about: is not an officially supported scheme. And even when used unofficially it is only used to display information about the browser configuration and has no standard syntax.

So you should never use about: in a HTML document to create links between documents. You shnould stick to the standard syntax. e.g.
    <a href="../">Link text</a>

Comment

Also: Are you using Offline Mode? If so, what did you enter as the "Base URL"?
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I am using "./" as the base url. I am making an offline CD.

Sorry it took so long. It wasn't clear to me how to send a reply.

Michael

Comment

I sure wish I could talk to someone on the phone.

Comment

You can find our phone number on the "Contact Us" page. You may want to check the time difference as we are in Sydney, Australia (not sure where you are).

I believe we responded to your e-mail as well back on 5th/Nov. We asked for some further information to diagnose the problem and we haven't heard back. If you did not receive this email, you may need to check your spam filters.

Here is the email we sent you:
            Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the forum. It is a very unusual problem, we cannot reproduce any problem, nor have we had any reports from our other users experiencing difficulty.

What browser (and version) are you using? Can you check or determine if the drive that your cookies are being saved in is full (or if you do not have write permission)?

Regarding your problem with “about:./” appearing in your search results. This is very unusual if you did not enter it in somewhere. And if you have not modified the search script in any way (please tell us if you have).

Can you send us the following:
            - Your .zcfg file with your indexing configuration saved
            - A ZIP file containing the resultant search files generated (the search script, settings file, and all the .zdat files if you are using PHP/ASP/CGI or the “.js” files if you’re using JS). In other words, all the files listed as “Required files” at the end of indexing that is needed to run the search.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X