Including/Exclude PHP require() and include() files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Including/Exclude PHP require() and include() files

I haven't been able to find any references in the documentation (or the config pages) or forum posts for excluding or including php include() or require() files in the indexing process. I want to INCLUDE a require()/include() file, but it always seems to be excluded. Can you help? I'm using V5.1 Pro.

If you are indexing in Zoom in spider mode, and you are indexing a PHP page, and that PHP page makes use of an include() function to include additional code, then the entire PHP code will be executed on the server and the entire page output indexed by Zoom.

In short you don't need set of configure anything as the default behaviour does what you want.

Comment

Spider Problem with Javascript Menu

Thank you. This is the first time I've used spider mode and I'm seeing in the indexing log that the spider is entirely missing some, but not all, of the links that are contained in a javascript drop-down menu that appears on all pages. I don't see any pattern to what is being successfully indexed from the menu and what is not being indexed. The missed links are not "skipped" -- They do not appear in the log at all. Can you help again?

Comment

See this FAQ,
        Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?

Also check you have this check box checked in the "Spirder options",
        "Parse for links in JavaScript code"

From the help file,
        "Some links on your web page may be embedded within JavaScript code (e.g. pop-up navigation menus). These links are generally considered to be search engine unfriendly, because a web spider is unable to execute the script and crawl the resulting links.
        While Zoom will not execute JavaScript, this option asks Zoom to attempt to look for URLs within the JavaScript code and crawl/follow any valid links that it finds. This will typically find some of the links in your JavaScript but not necessarily all of them."

Comment

Working...
        X