Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arabic Search

Dears,

This is regarding the arabic search. I have a strange problem which i tried to figure out but i am unable to. I have created .search.html file for arabic search which has a charset=windows-1256 . While indexing the .html files i had selected charset=windows-1256 with Languages arabic.zlang.

After checking all the settings and everything i am unable to view the results in the search.html page. It is displaying blank. I have included all the necessary files for the search.html and yet i am getting the blank result.

I tried another method to just use charset=UTF-8 and i was able to get the result. But this creates the problem for my webpage since its a arabic website the menus which are in arabic displays junk characters. I can just give you the link http://www.globalsuhaimi.net/ar/search.html so that you can figure out what might have gone wrong.

Please i need to figure out whats wrong and why its not displaying the results in the charset=windows-1256?

Your solution to this problem would be highly appreciated.

Thanking You,
    regards,
    Ashik

Due to limitations of JavaScript, you have to use UTF-8 to encode/decode Arabic characters from HTTP GET parameters. (UPDATE: This only applies to V5 and not V6)

But it's worth pointing out that using JS for an online website search is not the best choice -- better to use a server-side script such as PHP or ASP (which does not have this problem). See the Users Guide for a more thorough explanation.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X