Excluding HTML files from being indexed by Zoom Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excluding HTML files from being indexed by Zoom Search

I read on these forums that one can use <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> to exclude an HTML topic from being indexed by the Zoom search engine. Does <meta name="robots" content="NOODP" /> work as well in Zoom search engine version 5 and version 6?

Thanks,
    K

The NOODP tag gives webmasters the option to specify that the Open Directory Project (ODP) content should not be used for listings of their website.

But Zoom will never use ODP content. So the tag is never required.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

In my Adobe RoboHelp project, I use the <meta name="robots" content="NOODP" /> tag to exclude a HTML topic from the RoboHelp search. I have another version of this RoboHelp project which is integrated with Zoom search engine. If this same HTML topic also needs to be excluded from the Zoom search engine, can I update the tag to <meta name="robots" content="NOODP, noindex" /> so it is excluded from the RoboHelp search as well as the Zoom search engines?

Just out of curiosity, what would <meta name="robots" content="NOODP, noindex, nofollow" /> do?

Thanks,
      K

Comment

Yes, you can add "noindex" to your existing meta robots tag by comma seperating them. Zoom will ignore NOODP, and pickup "noindex". Likewise with "nofollow".

If you specify both of those, Zoom (and anything else recognizing robots tags) will not index the content of the page (noindex) and not follow any links on the page when crawling it in spider mode (nofollow).

If you are indexing the pages in Offline Mode, then "nofollow" will have no effect as Offline Mode does not rely on links to crawl pages.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X