Problem with javascript version of search and frameset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with javascript version of search and frameset

I have created a search feature for a cd rom using the pro version of the software. I haven't added any unusual features other than embeddingthe search page on the left and a target frame on the right for the display of pages when the user clicks a search result link.

When the search page is embedded in a frame, it doesn't even allow the user to type into the form box.

When the search page is accessed outside the frame (as a test) it works just fine.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some bit of code I need to add? BTW, the page (frame and all) works perfectly on a Mac using Safari. I'm trying to get it to work on a PC using IE6.

hELP!

It is hard to guess at what is going on without seeing it.

Are there error messages? What version of Zoom are you using?

Can you E-mail us a screen shot. Or even better can you zip up all your search files and E-mail them to us.

----
    David

Comment

Originally posted by Wrensoft
      It is hard to guess at what is going on without seeing it.

Are there error messages? What version of Zoom are you using?

Can you E-mail us a screen shot. Or even better can you zip up all your search files and E-mail them to us.

----
      David
      Sure....I can zip them.....what address?

Comment

Contact details are here,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/contactus.html

But you can also use this address, zoom at wrensoft dot com. We post it like this to avoid the spam bots picking it up.

---
        David

Comment

Similar problem?

Hello,

my problem might be similar ...

Using frames I also want to have one frame for search entry and another for the results.
          My problem is that I would like to have a specific .htm file in the result frame. I figured out that Zoom takes the search file itself to use it again in the targeted frame. I donīt want that. I would like to address a given html file to show the results in (results.htm). Any idea how to get this done?

regards
          Ronald

v4.2 Build 1002 / Javascript Platform

Comment

Ronald,

The way to achieve that is to turn the search page into a "results only" page. You do this by disabling the search form in the Configuration window (under the "Search Page" tab).

You then need to create a new search form in HTML, to be used in the other frame where you enter the search query.

More information and examples here:
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...to.html#frames

And on how to create your own search form here:
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X