PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

searching part numbers. Must have whole number, can't find partials, fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searching part numbers. Must have whole number, can't find partials, fix?

I'm using v5, www.webriggingsupply.com is the site

My client emailed saying they can't put in just part of a number and get a hit, only the entire number. Which makes things impossible to find unless they know the whole number.

For example:
    01064FC619B comes up fine
    01064 however brings up nothing

I've looked through the settings in Zoom, and can't find anything that might help me get the search to find only partial number combinations.

any ideas on how to fix this?

You can specify that the user use the wildcard character "*" (e.g 01064*) to bring up all results that start with 01064.

The other option is you can enable substring matching within the configuration (Configure->Languages->International Search option). This will mean the script will consider search words that occurs within another word to be considered a match (Eg. a search for the word “hot” will match “hotcake”, “shotgun”, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      You can specify that the user use the wildcard character "*" (e.g 01064*) to bring up all results that start with 01064.

The other option is you can enable substring matching within the configuration (Configure->Languages->International Search option). This will mean the script will consider search words that occurs within another word to be considered a match (Eg. a search for the word “hot” will match “hotcake”, “shotgun”, etc.).
      This did it. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X