CGI question - Internal Error 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI question - Internal Error 500

I appear to be having problems running the CGI version of Zoom Search Engine, although the other versions work fine.

Basically, I am receiving a configuration error and when I check the log files it advises "Premature end of script Headers".

The files upload ok (using the inbuilt zoom FTP), and all permissions are 775. The cgi-bin folder is set to 777.

I'v even tried loading the CGI file into the main directory and renaming it to .exe (as it is a compiled C++ file), but the same error 500 occurs.

Other .exe files run ok, but not the CGI file.

I now have 2 versions on my web site
    www.askhica.com/search.html [Javascript - works ok]
    www.askhica.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi [Doesn't work - error 500]

Any ideas ????

Many thanks,

Pete

Just in case you have not consulted this yet, here is the FAQ for this problem:
    Q. I get a "Premature end of script headers" error

You didn't tell us which OS your web server is running, but it is most likely to do with the problems mentioned in the above URL, where your server is configured to handle all ".cgi" files as Perl scripts. It might also be doing this with ".exe" files if you are getting the exact same error when you rename it. I presume you are using a Windows machine if you tried the ".exe" approach?

If your server supports PHP or ASP, that would also be worth investigating. Javascript will always work, regardless of the server, because it is a client-side script.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

When I switched over to cgi from php I had similar sort of problems - turned out I hadn't re-indexed the website - the search index files are generated differently for cgi I believe.

Worth trying if you haven't done so.

Comment

Working...
      X