Creating DVD Versions for Different Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating DVD Versions for Different Customers

I'm considering Zoom as a new solution for a DVD my company distributes quarterly that contains pdfs, word docs, powerpoints, graphics and video files for use by our sales force. From what I can tell Zoom would be an excellent solution, but we will need to exclude some files because there are different versions of the DVD distributed to each region in our service area.

Is there an easy way to exclude certain files from the search other than physically removing them from a directory so that they aren't indexed? It would also be great if the software "remembered" which files I excluded in the past as sort of a profile for each region.

Also, is there any way to include video files in the search by inserting some sort of meta data?

Thanks for any info!

-Matt

There is a tab in the Zoom configuration window called "Skip options" you can specify files and directories to be skipped here.

You can then save multiple configuration files. 'File' / 'Save Configuration As' in the Zoom menu.

For video files. The recomended method at the moment is to create a small HTML page that describes the video. Then link to the video from the HTML page. This allows for a effective video search at the cost of an extra click by the user.

------
    David

Comment

Working...
    X