This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading the beta release

We are looking for more keen, conscientious users to join our beta testing program.

Downloading
    You can download the V6 beta software from here.

Beta License keys
    If you would like a license key to test out more than just the features in the free edition, please send us an e-mail, we would be very appreciative if you could do some testing and then provide feedback on the new V6 features. The free beta test license key will allow full use of the software (Enterprise edition) until the end of November.

Getting Help
    We have tried to update the help file (included in the software download) to document all the new features. So if you get stuck, check the help file first. Then post any question you have in the forum or E-mail us.

If I were to trial V6, which i'd like to do, what happens after the end of November when the software key expires?

I am currently using version 5.1 professional.

When V6 final version is released, will this update my V5.1 to V6 or will it update the V6 trial version to full version and I uninstall V5.1?

If I start using V6 on my websites, will this cause any problems at the end of November/trial? ie will the search facility on my sites that I have set up using the trial version stop working?

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Only the indexer will stop working. Not the scripts. Any site that is already built will not be affected.

V6 will not uninstall any previous software. V6.0 final might overwrite V6.0 beta, but only if you allow installation into the same folder.

Comment

Thanks for the information. If the beta will stop working at the end of November, will the final release definately be available by then? Otherwise I wouldn't be able to re-index any site I have done using V6.

What information do you require in the email to get a serial # for the beta?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Either the final release will be available or a later beta release will be (that doesn't at end of Nov).

Comment

Many thanks for the information!

I've emailed requesting a license key for the beta!

Regards

Andy

Comment

Hi guys

as today is the end of November, and our Beta versions will stop working today, what is the next step for us?

Comment

Beta 5 and 6 should go to mid Dec before expiry.
                We really want to get the final version out by then, before the christmas break.

The 64bit build is prvosing harder than expected to get working and tested across multiple platforms (due to inconsistent 64bit support in Linux and the huge files we need to move around for testing).

Comment

Development is complete !!!

V6.0 is now available, 17/Dec/2008.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the beta testing of the V6 release.

So this thread can now be closed. But please feel free to open up new V6 threads as issues arrise.

Comment

Working...
                  X