Exception Processing - Windows Drive not ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maryjili View Post
    Can this method copy all the log messages or just the last 5000 as said on the top of the message box? The error messages were before the last 5000 so I already closed the program and restarted with detailed log and debug mode checked and will save to the local disk.
    It will only copy what you can see in the log and isn't filtered out. But you can filter out all the irrelevant messages, by unchecking everything but "Error" and "Warning". This will show you up to 5000 error and warning messages and retrieve any messages which scrolled by before.

Note that the log window in V6 is very different from V5, and things that have scrolled out of view can be moved back into view by changing the filtering options.

Another thing I noticed is the truncate url length option was always unchecked when I reopen a configuration file which was set to checked.
    This will only happen if you checked the box and then left the value to "512", which is the default maximum URL length, which means it is the same as leaving this option unchecked.

If you change this value to less than 512, and save your config and reopen it, it should retain the value.

Also sometime when closing the program it asked to save the changes to the configuration file, while I had made none.
    This might be a bug, but we need to be able to reproduce this. Sometimes your configuration has changed without you knowing it - most notably if you have just opened an old V5 configuration file, in which case, V6 would have made some internal changes to adapt the configuration across - and it would consider there to be changes.

The next time you see this, SAVE the configuration (even though you think there's no changes), quit Zoom, and then immediately re-open Zoom (with the same config) and quit it again, and see if it prompts you about changes. If it does, then it's a bug, and you should e-mail us your configuration file.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

15:04:38 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\contents.html (Error code: 21)
      15:04:43 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\G|\www\esources.html (Error code: 21)
      15:05:05 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\case.htm (Error code: 21)
      15:05:11 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\analysis.htm (Error code: 21)
      15:05:17 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\resources.htm (Error code: 21)
      15:05:23 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\country.htm (Error code: 21)
      15:05:29 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\culture.htm (Error code: 21)
      15:05:35 - [ERROR] Error: Could not open file: A:\index.htm (Error code: 21)

After disabling the floppy disk in device manager, the windows error is gone.

Comment

It would seem like you have A:\ specified as a start point, and you're asking Zoom to index files from the floppy drive? Click on the "More" button to confirm. Another possibility is you're using Spider Mode and having it follow file:// links, and some of these links point to the floppy drive.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I found out it is due to a particular page which does contain links to file://A:\contents.html ... Can I add "file://A:\" to the skip list to avoid zoom from indexing these pages?

Comment

Or should I always disable indexing file:// started pages when indexing from outside websites?

Comment

Either solutions would work. The latter makes the most sense, as you would never want to follow file:// links for external websites, where you are sure to not have the same content accessible locally.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X