Exception Processing - Windows Drive not ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception Processing - Windows Drive not ready

I kept getting "exception processing message ...... parameter ......" message after indexing several thousand of pages in spider mode using V6 beta 4. When I clicked on any of the three options "ignore, cancel, continue" in the message box, the indexer continued to run as normal, but then after a few minutes I got another message again. I tried V5 final version with the same configurations and got no such message.

Can you provide us with a screenshot of this error? Are you sure it is related to Zoom? The error message itself certainly is not anything coded in Zoom.

There are many references to this error online if you search on Google. There are several mentions of Norton Anti-Virus, so I would check into this if you have any antivirus or anti-spyware software running.

Judging from how widespread this error is online, I would highly doubt that this would be caused by Zoom. It is most likely something else that is running on your machine.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I am running zoom on windows web server 2008 and I haven't installed any anti-virus software since I am using a hardware firewall. The only newly installed program on my system now is zoom v5 and v6, all other programs are windows default ones. I only experiencing this problem with zoom v6 and not v5 or any other programs on my system. I am rerunning v6 now and I will post the screenshot when it appears.

Comment

I also have tried on windows xp service pack 2 and got the same error and v5 with no error.

Comment

When you see the error, press the print-screen key on your keyboard. Then open a new Word document and paste in the captured screen shot.

Then E-Mail us the Word file.

Comment

Please also tell us if you have any card readers or removable media devices installed/plugged into the computer. There are many reports online with people reporting this to be the cause.

You can search for "exception processing message" on Google and see all the different issues that is related to this. You didn't give us the error code but many of the ones online have one like "c0000013".

Here is one that claims clearing the Recently Used file history helps (see the Comments too, some people claim it didnt help and they found the problem to be their USB flash card reader):
            http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_c...ssage_c0000013

Here is another that believes it has something to with removable media being assigned the wrong drive letter (which would seem to be related to the flash card reader idea):
            http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_c...0000013_with_p

Here's one related to iPods (which is essentially a USB hard disk):
            http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1641
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I just sent the screenshot jpeg file to wrensoft. The entire message box is like this:

title of the message box:
              Windows - Drive not ready

content of the message box:
              Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a3 Parameters
              0x000007FEFD497240 0x0000000000000004
              0x000007FEFD497240 0x000007FEFD497240

bottom of the message box:
              cancel try again continue

I do not have any card reader or removable media devices plugged in my computer.

Comment

And all the messages I received is exactly the same as the above.

Comment

And with the same hardware, software and configuration setting, I never had this message with v5 final version.

Comment

We have confirmed that this is an error message from Windows, and not from our software.

As noted above, the problem appears to be related to particular system configurations. There is a mass storage device on your system, disk or otherwise, that is reporting a fault to the operating system.

Unfortunately, we can't tell you why your system has this problem. The causes can vary from faulty hardware to an incorrect or broken Windows installation.

I would recommend taking a look at the links I have given above. It is worth noting that "removable media devices" can include digital cameras, and floppy disk drives.

Here is yet another reference (vmware triggering this error due to an invalid floppy disk setup in Windows, and link to knowledge base article instructs how to disable the flag/warning):
                    http://communities.vmware.com/message/763566
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

In my windows explorer, there is a floppy disk drive A: under devices with removable storage, but I already unplugged the physical floppy disk from my computer. Also when I got the exception message, I remember in the zoom indexlog, there is a message said something like "error loading A:\....". I guess it might be the problem. Would you please tell me how to remove the floppy disk configuration from the windows explorer, so that windows knows that there is no floppy disk installed?

Comment

Can you give us the full message in the Zoom indexlog? The full message would tell us why it would be accessing the A:\ drive at all. Most likely you actually have something in the configuration file that points to the A drive. Like an additional start point. Or your log file location. Send us your ZCFG file if you want us to check. But please provide the index log message as needed. Abbreviating error messages just wastes time.

You can disable the floppy drive from the Control Panel, Device Manager. But this is just suppressing the issue rather than addressing it.
                        --Ray
                        Wrensoft Web Software
                        Sydney, Australia
                        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I did not set the option to save the indexlog to local disk, so I will rerun the indexer again now to get the message.

Comment

You could just right-click on the message on the "Log" window and select "Copy current line to clipboard".
                            --Ray
                            Wrensoft Web Software
                            Sydney, Australia
                            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Can this method copy all the log messages or just the last 5000 as said on the top of the message box? The error messages were before the last 5000 so I already closed the program and restarted with detailed log and debug mode checked and will save to the local disk.

Another thing I noticed is the truncate url length option was always unchecked when I reopen a configuration file which was set to checked. Also sometime when closing the program it asked to save the changes to the configuration file, while I had made none.

Comment

Working...
                              X