Search results. Where I want them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search results. Where I want them

I got everything working, and the search works great!

...I do have one problem with it though. I want the search results to open WITHIN my page, and not go to a separate page that is blank with only the search form.

Here is an image guide to what I'm talking about.

These are for demo purposes only, and don't reflect how the page design will appear when completed.

This is what my search page looks like:

This is what my search results page looks like:

This is what I want my results page to look like:

I don't use forms for my site.. I just use a table to separate the sections.

Any idea what I need to do to get the results I'm looking for?

You might be going about it the wrong way. Our recomended method is editing the search_template.html file to match the look of your site. Then use the search.php, or search.asp, etc.. file as the search page.

This will fix the issue of results in a seperate page. See also this FAQ,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

Comment

Ok, I tried editing search_template.html file...

And this is what I got it to do:

Any idea how to get those results in the huge open box above them? Do you need to see my source code or is it not possible?

Comment

You need to move the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag in the template file to where you want the results to appear. e.g. inside your table.

Comment

Another approach that we use to good effect (if your pages are being built dynamically, eg using php, and you have some programming resource), is to pass the search to zoom and retrieve the results from zoom using the curl library, and then embed the results into the desired page layout.

This involves a certain amount of work, and should ideally be done with the xml output format, but with care you can also manipulate the html that zoom produces.

I will post the basic code if anyone is interested.

Comment

Well andrew.. You can go ahead and post the code if you want, but I only have a basic understanding web design, and that confused me.

I don't have a problem learning to do new things, but if it's an entirely new concept, then I don't know if it's worth the time for me to learn it.

Thanks Wrensoft.. that worked, I still have a slight formatting problem but I should be able to figure this one out on my own.

Comment

Working...
            X