DotNetNuke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DotNetNuke

Has anyone been able to install this in DotNetNuke using the aspx and control? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious in the instructions but I can figure out how to make it work.

For instance "In IIS 6 right click on the folder (zoomaspx) - great there is no folder named zoomaspx...

Or you should be able to load the "search.aspx" - but there is no search.aspx

All the installer did was install a dll in the standard DNN "Bin" directory.

I have the V5 working as .asp on several DNN sites but using an IFRAME is not the most elegant solution.

I was hoping V6 would overcome some of the problems in V5.

I have replied to your e-mail on this same issue, so you should refer to that first.

I think the key thing you are missing is the fact that you were prompted for an installation folder when you ran the ASPX Native Control Installer package (this is the MSI file). The default install path is "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\zoomaspx".

You must have changed this to the DNN path and that's why "zoomaspx" isn't created. But the instructions do cater to this and point out that it is in "the folder you installed the control in" and only use "zoomaspx" as an example because that is the default. Please read the instructions carefully.

Note also that the current tutorial on our website describes how to use Classic ASP with DNN. At some point down the road, we'll write up a new tutorial on using ASP.NET with DNN but we are currently a bit swamped with work at the moment.
    Last edited by Ray; Jan-15-2009, 05:18 AM.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I'm sorry Ray, I didn't get your email. Could you please resend.

Comment

I wrote a ascx control for 5.1 using the .CGI tool for DNN and works pretty well. Plan on looking at 6.0 to do the same with the added features of the new meta information. Chris

Comment

That sounds interesting. Keep us informed, chris!
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X