Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started

I’m currently working with Zoom Search free edition and would like to purchase the Professional edition, but first, I’d like to get the free edition to work. It’s not so I must be doing something wrong.

I’m using Visual Studio 2008. My development computer is Vista Ultimate. My server is running Windows Server 2003. I test a website on my development computer and then publish it to the server. I’m currently developing/enhancing 2 websites. Both are ASP.Net and most pages are aspx. Each site is secured with user names and passwords and is role based. Users must be a member (included in the respective role.) The search page is within each member folder, and the pages to be searched are within the folder.

I ‘m guessing that I must buy 4 licenses - one for each application on each computer. Is this so?

Here’s what I’ve done thus far:

I installed the free edition in the member folder of one of the applications on the development computer. Zoom Search software created a bin folder and placed ZoomASPX.dll in it. It did not make any changes to the web.config file in the member folder. I assume that it never intended to modify web.config.

I then ran the Zoom Engine Indexer, which created a search.aspx page, settings.zdat, search_template.html, zoom_dictionary.zdat, zoom_pagedata.zdat, zoom_pageinfo.zdat, zoom_pagetext.zdat, and zoom_wordmap.zdat, all in the member folder.

Search.aspx contained the following:[/LIST]<%@ Register TagPrefix="ZoomASPX" Namespace="ZoomASPX" Assembly="ZoomASPX" %>
    <ZoomASPX:ASPXSearch id="ASPXSearch" runat="server"/>

ZoomASPX had a wavy line under it with an error message that stated: Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter “Zoom.ASPX. This error prevented me from continuing and viewing the search.aspx page.

What has to happen to get rid of this error?

Assuming that the error is resolved, how are the search text box and search button generated?

Thanks, Robert Piro

Originally posted by bobpiro View Post
    I ‘m guessing that I must buy 4 licenses - one for each application on each computer. Is this so?
    Please see this FAQ:
    Q. What are the licensing policies for Zoom?

ZoomASPX had a wavy line under it with an error message that stated: Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter “Zoom.ASPX. This error prevented me from continuing and viewing the search.aspx page.
    I have not seen this error but make sure you have the correct version of ASP.NET selected for this particular application. In the IIS Manager, as Property for this application/folder, you can select the version of ASP.NET to use. You need 2.0 or later.

Otherwise, a search for the error message "Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter" on the Internet seem to indicate this is a common problem with various causes. One of which is related to your use of MasterPages (see here and here). There is also this older bug which might be worth checking.

What have you specified in web.config? It might have been best to install it in a fresh folder with out any preestablished configuration.

Assuming that the error is resolved, how are the search text box and search button generated?
    There is a search box and button on the main search page (search.aspx) which is automatically generated and you can customize or configure accordingly.

If you wish to put search boxes on the other pages of your site, you can either do so with <form> HTML code as specified here:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

Or refer to this if you cannot use <form> tags:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...spx_searchform
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X