Odd indexing count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd indexing count

I have just upgraded from 6/1003 to 6/1005. When I started the reindex the file count started at -157, counted down to 0 then counted up normally. I use CGI.

Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Volvo Owners Club

Was this an incrmental index, or a full indexing session?
    And just to be precise, was this the "Files indexed" counter in the top left of the status tab? Or a number from somewhere else?

Comment

This was a full index, and it is in Status, the first stat, Files indexed.

See www.volvoclub.org.uk/docs/zoom.jpg for a screen grab

Bob
      Robert Isaac
      Volvo Owners Club

Comment

It might have something to do with your recomended links. I am betting you have 157 of them?

Still we need to look at it

Comment

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. What are the winning numbers on the lottery next week.

Bob
          Robert Isaac
          Volvo Owners Club

Comment

We're working on it... the next release will feature a "Magic 8 ball" option.

... or not

And yes, that bug with the negative "Files indexed" count in the Status window and the final Index Summary is known and fixed for the next release (V5.0.1006)
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Still not working correctly in build 1007. The file indexed count stays on 0 for a while (possible until 157 have been indexed) before it start counting.

Bob
              Robert Isaac
              Volvo Owners Club

Comment

You're right. We messed up. Doh. It's not obvious until you have a large number of recommended links.

In case you're wondering why we're fiddling with this, the reason is that, in previous versions (including V5), the "Files indexed" count included the Recommended Links in the total at the end. However, we're changing this behaviour so that it is excluded from the count to avoid confusion (e.g. in previous versions, you may only index 1 page, but it'd say it indexed 158 because of the recommended links. The newer versions should always report just 1 page, regardless of your recommended links)

Anyway,... another new build coming up V6.0 build 1008 which should hopefully nip this in the bud.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

1008 seems to be OK. Thanks.

Bob
                  Robert Isaac
                  Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Working...
                  X