This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content repleats on single result

I have the content option selected for my display results. But when my results show it repeats the same found value over in a single result even though the page only has the value listed once. I did a view source to confirm.

You can see that the same thing is repeated even though on my page it only occurs once. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

... Tru Photo Solutions Tru Photo v7.1 software upgrade Updated 8 ... Photo Solutions Tru Photo v7.1 software upgrade Updated 8/ ... Tru Photo Solutions Tru Photo v7.1 software upgrade Updated 8 ...

I should mention that the content is behind hidden tabs that were created with JQuery.

This should never happen in the case of a single word search, or exact phrase search.

But in the case of a multi-word search request the engine tries to display some relevant context for each of the search words. Depending on the amount of text on the page, if the search words occur near each other, and if there are other occurences of the words on the page, you can get overlapping context.

This is most visible when searching for 3 or more words that always occur next to each other on the page (and don't occur individually). I assume this is what you are seeing?

The engine could do better in this regard and detect overlapping sections of context.

Comment

Found out it was something strange in my code for the page. Not sure why the indexer picks it up and displays it that way. But if I remove the one line near the top of the page (a line that has nothing to do with the results) then it works fine. I have found a workaround for the issue.

Comment

Upon further testing. I found that it isn't my code, but instead the amount of pages that gets indexed.

Here's what I found....

If I just index a few pages the problem doesn't occur.
        .. you have the following: Datacard® Tru™ Photo software (any version) ... Photo v7.1 software upgrade Updated 8/11/2008 Before installing the upgrade, ...
        If I index alot of pages the problem occurs.
        ... Tru Photo v7.1 software upgrade Updated 8/11/2008 Before installing the ... Tru Photo v7.1 software upgrade Updated 8/11/2008 Before installing the ...
        This is with me leaving the pages unmodified. Both results are from the same page as they have the same url.

Looks like a bug since the amount of pages indexed should not affect the returned result.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Comment

What is the URL for the page in question?
          What are the search word(s) you are using?
          What script platform are you using (PHP, ASP, etc..)?
          What exact version of Zoom are you using?

Comment

What is the URL for the page in question?
            http://www.datacard.com/cgi-bin/wrensoft/search.cgi

What are the search word(s) you are using?
            tru photo v7.1

What script platform are you using (PHP, ASP, etc..)?
            cgi

What exact version of Zoom are you using?

Comment

I am also seeing the Context Description just repeat for all the listing on the search results page. Going to do a little more work at looking into this also. I see that we are both using the .cgi version so wondering if this is just happening with this version.

************** Update***************
              Figured it out I think. It relates to the menu structure of the site and the titles so I need to put ZOOMStart and ZoomStop around the navigation. When ever the word was in the navigation also it would show up in search results.
              Thanks Chris
              Last edited by chriscsanyi; Feb-04-2009, 06:38 PM. Reason: Found the Problem

Comment

Originally posted by broman View Post
                Upon further testing. I found that it isn't my code, but instead the amount of pages that gets indexed.
                We can't reproduce this problem. Can you e-mail us your ZCFG file containing the indexing settings so we can try to replicate the scenario.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have emailed the config file.

Comment

I guess the best way I can give an example is if you your create a webpage with only this in it.

bubbles hello wow blah stuff

And you search for the following

bubbles hello

Your result looks like this...

1. No title [Support & Drivers]
                    ... bubbles hello wow blah stuff ... hello wow blah stuff ...
                    URL: http://dcc6577/id-software-support-and-upgrades/tru-photo-solution

You can see from above that to a user it looks like the context description is repeated. That is what my users are complaining about. They would like to see only this.

1. No title [Support & Drivers]
                    ... bubbles hello wow blah stuff
                    URL: http://dcc6577/id-software-support-and-upgrades/tru-photo-solution

Comment

After broman sent us the files, we were able to track down the cause of this behaviour. It will be fixed for the next release (V6.0 build 1010). Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
                      --Ray
                      Wrensoft Web Software
                      Sydney, Australia
                      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

similar problem with later version

Hi there,

I am running version 6.0, build 1024 and am experiencing the same thing (the context gets repeated inside one search result).

Reading this post I see the problem was resolved in build 1010 however I am still experiencing it.

Any ideas?

Comment

As you have posted the same thing twice and also E-mailed us the same issue, we'll close this thread and instead follow up in the new thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X