.pdf wildcard search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .pdf wildcard search

I have a single .pdf document comprised of some 2500 files created with Acrobat Pro 8. Almost all the files contain a "received date" in the form of rmm/dd/yy. If I use the search window to search for "r04/22/02" I get an accurate list of all files containing a received date of April 22, '02. If I search for /02, I get an accurate list of all files containing /02, but not necessarily as a date prefixed with "r."

What I'd like to do is a search such as "r**/**/02 to identify all files containing a received date in '02. But searching with Acrobat Pro 8 yields "no instances" even if those instances exist.

After looking at this for a while, it seemed apparent (strange as it sounds) that Acrobat Pro 8 doesn't have advanced search options. Adobe Reader 8.1.3, however, seems to have such options (although wildcard searches are not explicitly listed).

But if I open the .pdf document with Reader 8.1.3, the wildcard search shown above also yields "no instances." I'm left wondering if wildcard searches are even possible. Any advice or additional information would be appreciated.

Sorry, can you explain how this relates to our Zoom Search Engine product?

It seems like you are asking about the behaviour of the search functions within Adobe's products, rather than ours. Maybe I'm missing something. Please clarify.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      Sorry, can you explain how this relates to our Zoom Search Engine product?

It seems like you are asking about the behaviour of the search functions within Adobe's products, rather than ours. Maybe I'm missing something. Please clarify.
      You're right -- I guess I don't understand the purpose of this forum. I have been unable to find an answer to my question, vis-a-vis Adobe.

[Sorry to waste your time.]

Comment

Working...
      X