Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 error with php

Hi

I've installed V6 Free Edition and am testing it out before purchasing.

I have uploaded to a testing area of my domain an entire website. Using Dreamweaver CS3 I amended the page template to include a search input form. Dreamweaver then updated all my other files.

I used the php indexing (spider mode) and Zoom to upload the files to the site. When I look at the index page in Firefox and put a word into the search box I get a 404 error.

Having looked at other threads, I think this is something to do with the Base URL which has been specified.

The test site is set up in the following way.

Index file is www.testing.mysite.com/soc/index.html
    All the Zoom Indexer files are sitting in www.testing.mysite.com/soc
    All other files relating to the site are in subfolders of soc, eg
    www.testing.mysite.com/soc/html/aboutus.html

When I look at the Zoom Indexer configuration, it tells me that:

Spider started from http://www.testing.mysite.com/soc/

Base url is http://www.testing.mysite.com/soc/

I've confirmed with my hosting service that I can run php (I use a Linux based hosting package) but I've just found out that they are using php3.5.

Does that mean that I can't use Zoom?
    Last edited by pagallery; Jan-23-2009, 12:03 PM. Reason: Adding more information

I amended the page template to include a search input form
    There is normally no need for this. See,
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?

Can you tell us the real URL for your search function instead of dummy URLs. Seeing the problem will probalby make the real cause obvious.

Do you really mean PHP3.5? The 3 series releases were from 1998/1999. More than 10 years ago. Also I think there was never a 3.5 release. Maybe you mean 5.3?

Comment

Hi

I've been back and checked with my hosting provider. They are now saying that it is php 4.3.11

The testing site is www.testing.perangusta.com/soc

I may have used the wrong terminology - I followed the instructions in Para 6.6 of the Manual - How can I add a search form to my menus, main page, etc?

Any help/suggestions as to what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

If what you are saying about your folders is correct then I would expect to find the template file in the /soc folder here,
        http://www.testing.perangusta.com/soc/search_template.html
        But I don't.

So maybe you have not in fact uploaded the files. Or maybe you uploaded them to the wrong folder on your site?

Also make sure you have Zoom V6.0 build 1008, as eariler builds of V6 didn't support PHP4.

Comment

I had version 1007 installed and when I uploaded the files using the Zoom uploader I must have missed off putting the folder name so the files had just transferred to the main directory, not the testing sub directory.

I've now installed v1008 and put the resulting files in the correct sub-directory and tried a test search. It worked.

I believe that if I want the search results to show in my main content DIV, I have to amend the search_template.html so that it is based on my page layout template. I'll study the manual some more.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X