XLS Indexing - blank search page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLS Indexing - blank search page

First... this is a great product and everything works properly for me except when I include .xls files in the indexing. When I include xls files, my search window comes up blank (no search box). I have less than 50 xls files to index. Doing some experimenting, if I exclude all other files types and only include xls files to index and limit the total number of xls files to around 45, all seems to work properly. I thought I might have a corrupt xls file but I've tried all combinations of files but find that it still seems to be some ceiling that I'm hitting (that doesn't seem to be in the configuration setup.) When I include all other file types (doc, pdf, htm, txt, ppt), I can only include about 5 xls files before the program produces the no-search-box problem. I had this problem with version 5 and was hoping that I'd not have this problem in version 6. Ideas?

It might be your server killing the script one it hits a certain level of RAM or CPU usage (and only very indirectly related to indexing XLS files). You can find a description of this server side configuration problem here.

But it is hard to be sure this is the case without seeing te site and running the test script that is in the post above.

Comment

Working...
    X