Asian Language Synonym files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian Language Synonym files

Hi, I am having problems importing my Unicode formatted synonym files for Chinese and Japanese. Any hints on what I might be doing wrong?

We upgraded to 6.0 thinking that the upgrade would fix the same problem we were having in 5.1. Thanks for any help!

Can anyone help??? I am under a deadline.....Thanks!

Comment

"Having problems" is not really a detailed enough description of the problem.

What exact version of Zoom are you using & what what is in the file you are trying to import?

When you say Unicode, I assume you mean double byte (UTF-16), or do you mean UTF-8?

Comment

The file just simply won't import.

I am using UTF-16 (Unicode) TXT files, and when I go to import them it says that there are zero synonyms in the file. When I open the TXT in Notepad, the synonyms are all there, and formatted properly.

I am positive that the search.html zlang is encoded to UTF-16, so why won't these synonyms import? I also have the lang charset set to the first option of "Use Unicode (UTF-" in the configuration, instead of "Specify other encoding." Should I be selecting another encoding from the list in the configuration?

Comment

What exact version of Zoom are you using & what what words are in the file you are trying to import?

E-mail us the file if need be.

Comment

Sorry I forgot the version -- 6.0 Build 1010. I just downloaded/purchased it on Sunday the 22nd.

Here are the words:

调节=调整、调合
            检测=测试、实验
            定标=校准
            清洁=净化
            比色法=CM
            比色法/速率法=CM/RT
            配置=编程、设置、启动、启用
            当前装载=当前加载、当前
            丢弃=泵、弹出、剥离器、处置
            门=面板
            免疫速率法=IR、免疫速率
            孵育器=比色杯、microslide
            安装=安置
            堵塞=阻塞、卡住、加塞
            灯=灯泡、反射计、光度计
            盖-顶封、封盖、顶部
            microslide=干片
            microwell=uwell、反应孔
            监测器=监控器、触摸屏、触摸监控器、触摸屏幕
            关=关闭、关闭电源、断电
            开=打开电源、通电
            打开=微开
            过期=失效、超过有效期
            电势测定法=PM
            主=1°、基本
            速率法=RT
            读取器=扫描仪
            反射计=反射器
            取出=移除
            加液小碗=ERF、IWF
            重启=重新初始化
            转子=环
            安全措施=警告、注意事项、预先措施
            辅助=2°
            传感器=光学、反射、反射性
            干片=microslide、微干片
            开始=初始化、启动
            吸头=microtip、versatip、cuvetip、加样
            手推车=车架、载架
            uia=MicroImmunoassay、µIA
            Us=MicroSlide、µS、微干片
            uwell=MicroWell、µWell、microwell、微反应孔
            反应孔=microwell
            擦拭=小毛巾、拭擦、擦净、

Comment

Originally posted by xdew12981 View Post
              I am positive that the search.html zlang is encoded to UTF-16, so why won't these synonyms import? I also have the lang charset set to the first option of "Use Unicode (UTF-" in the configuration, instead of "Specify other encoding." Should I be selecting another encoding from the list in the configuration?
              UTF-8 is not the same as UTF-16.

V6 supports importing and exporting of synonyms in the charset selected on the Languages panel. UTF-16 is not an option, so it's not supported.

Save your synonyms text file as UTF-8 and it will import it successfully.

You should also change your use of the chinese comma "、" to separate your synonyms in the list. The file format distinctly states the use of the english comma "," regardless of language.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X